
LAHORE: Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid said here on Sunday that the ban on YouTube would be lifted soon because a software had been developed for blocking content that hurt people’s sentiments.
The video sharing website was blocked in September 2012 after its administration and Google Incorporation refused to comply with a request by Pakistan and some other Muslim countries to remove a blasphemous video from the site.
About the demand for checking broadcast of foreign content by some private TV channels, Mr Rashid asked civil society, owners of media houses and professionals to come up with proposals for resolving the issue because any step taken by the government could be construed as an attempt to gag the media.
He said that he feared that discretionary powers could open the door to misuse of authority by officials.
Source
According to our information, Mohsin Naqvi has taken an important message to Iran - Azaz Syed
Exclusive Video: Two jets crashed midair during air show in America
ISPR's strong response to Indian Army Chief's statement about Pakistan
CM Maryam Nawaz's video of baking traditional 'Naan' in Baku goes viral
Important revelations in Police's investigation about Anmol Pinky’s ex-husband
Drone attack reported near Abu Dhabi’s Barakah Nuclear Power Plant











